Find out how to get website links onto news sites and other high authority sites
One of the most effective ways to build high-quality backlinks to your website is by appearing in the media. When you are mentioned in news articles, blog posts, or other media, it not only helps to improve your brand’s visibility but more importantly, it increases your website’s domain authority (meaning you appear higher in Google’s rankings).
The more authoritative the site you appear on, the better it is for both visibility and ranking. That’s why appearing on high authority news websites and blogs is the aim of successful web based businesses.
Importance of Backlinks in SEO
Before we dive into how appearing in the media can help build high-quality backlinks, it’s important to understand the importance of backlinks in SEO. Backlinks are links from other websites that point to your website. When other websites link to your site, it signals to search engines that your content is valuable and relevant. This, in turn, can help improve your website’s ranking in search engine results pages (SERPs).
Benefits of Appearing in the Media
When you appear in the media, whether it’s through a news article, blog post, or other form of media, it can provide several benefits for your business, including:
- Increased Visibility: When you are mentioned in the media, it can help increase your brand’s visibility and reach a larger audience.
- Improved Reputation: Being featured in the media can help improve your brand’s reputation and credibility, as it demonstrates that you are a thought leader in your industry.
- Quality Backlinks: Media mentions often come with a backlink to your website, which can help improve your website’s ranking in SERPs.
- Increased Traffic: When people read an article or blog post that mentions your business, they are more likely to click through to your website, which can drive traffic to your site.
- Specific keyword ranking: Carefully crafted SEO content can help your business rank for specific search terms.
How to get website links onto news sites – what novices will tell you
You know the benefits of appearing in the media, but you may be wondering how to go about getting media mentions. Here are the strategies that most businesses use to try and achieve this aim:
- Write Press Releases: Writing press releases to try get your business in the news is what many companies and ‘PR’ agencies try. Press releases should be newsworthy and highlight a significant event or development in your business. The problem is, most people writing the press releases have never worked in the media. Often the press releases they produce are boring, unsuitable and ignored by publishers.
- Pitch to Journalists: You can also reach out to journalists who cover your industry and pitch them story ideas or offer yourself as a source for future stories. The problem here is that most PR companies only have a handful of meaningful contacts, if any at all. Low end PR firms will pitch your content to low end blogs, whilst top PR agencies will charge huge sums of money for access to the media.
- Guest Blogging: Another way to appear in the media is by guest blogging on other websites. This can help increase your visibility and provide a backlink to your website. However, the internet has become a pay-to-play landscape. Most blogs charge a fee to guest post, and generally that fee exceeds the benefit you gain from appearing on the site.
- Build Relationships: Finally, most advice will tell you to build relationships with journalists, bloggers, and other media professionals which can help increase your chances of getting media mentions in the future. Attend industry events, engage with them on social media, and offer to provide insights or commentary on industry news. It goes without saying that this isn’t practical for most business owners.
How to get website links onto news sites – from the experts
Monster PR cuts all of the above away and gives you fast access to the media. How can you be sure? All of our writers are national newspaper journalists. In other words, we pay the right journalists to write content that is guaranteed to make it into the media.
Whats more, we employ some of the leading content SEO experts in the country. They review each piece of content to ensure that it’s SEO optimised for your business.
That’s how we’ve created such an amazing business. We work in the press. We are experts in SEO. This is how we’re able to cut away all of the middle men and deliver our service at exceptional rates.
Ultimately, you don’t need to know how to get website links onto news sites. We’ll take care of that for you.
Appearing in the media can be a highly effective way to build high-quality backlinks to your website. By following one of the strategies outlined in this article, you can increase your visibility, improve your reputation, and drive traffic to your website.
However, in most cases it’s important to remember that media mentions are earned, not guaranteed. Normally it takes time and effort to build relationships with journalists and other media professionals, so you need to be patient and persistent in your efforts.
There is a faster and easier way. Leverage Monster PR’s access to the media and SEO expertise to get guaranteed SEO friendly coverage. All this at exceptional rates.
Featured photo by Pixabay